Hampton-in-Arden Neighbourhood Plan 2015-2028
The Story So Far
Hampton-in-Arden Parish Council has been developing a Neighbourhood Plan for the whole Parish over the past three years. The Neighbourhood Plan has been prepared with a considerable amount of hard work by the Parish Council and the Neighbourhood Plan Working Group with continual consultation with the Parishioners of Hampton-in-Arden. During the Plan preparation, consultation has included presentations to the community at Parish Council and Hampton-in-Arden Society meetings, regular (quarterly) reports in the Parish Newsletters and the Church and Village Chronicle and a Parish wide Consultation Survey (of residents, businesses and community organisations) in spring 2014. The analysis of the results of the Consultation Survey have informed the development of this Draft Plan.
Many consultations have also taken place with Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council Planning Department, who have guided the Working Group through the intricacies of this process. The Vision, Objectives, Policies and the Key Actions have all been developed through the wide reaching consultation. The Policies and Key Actions are of particular importance and aim to manage any future development within the Parish. If the Hampton-in-Arden Neighbourhood Plan successfully passes the statutory procedures it will become part of Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council’s Local Plan and an important document when planning applications within the Parish are considered.
What Happens Now?
• There will be a six week consultation period in which statutory consultees, residents and local businesses/organisations can comment upon the Pre-Submission Draft
• Amendments will be made following the consultation and the Submission Draft of the Neighbourhood Plan will be produced;
• The Submission Draft of the Plan will then be submitted to Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council;
• The Plan will be subject to an independent examination by an expert appointed by Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council;
• Once it has passed examination, the Plan will be submitted to a Parish Referendum through a process managed by Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council; and,
• If final approval is received in the Referendum (over 50% approval of those voting is achieved), our Plan will form part of the Solihull Local Development Plan, and carry real legal weight in future planning decisions in the Parish.
The Pre-Submission Consultation
A six week Public Consultation period has begun on Hampton-in-Arden Neighbourhood Plan. This statutory Public Consultation period is taking place between 3rd August 2015 and 14th September 2015. During this time comments and suggestions can be made on the Pre-Submission Draft of the Neighbourhood Plan. It is very important that the community lets us know if the Neighbourhood Plan contains the right Policies and Key Actions.
The local consultation on the current Pre-Submission Draft Plan gives statutory consultees, residents and local businesses and organisations an opportunity to see what future Policies and Key Actions are being suggested for the Parish of Hampton-in-Arden and encourages everyone to give their views, both positive and negative and their suggestions for improvement. The Consultation Period runs from 3rd August 2015 until 14th September 2015.
During this time you can read the full Hampton-in-Arden Parish Neighbourhood Plan 2015 – 2028 (Pre-Submission Draft, August 2015) online or download it from here (pdf format).
Alternatively, printed copies are available for review at the following locations within the Parish:
• Parish Office • Hampton-in-Arden Library • Sports and Social Club • Corner Shop • Village Stores • White Lion Inn • Sandwiches @ No. 6
• Spar shop in Catherine-de-Barnes
How Can You Respond?
Comments can be submitted in any of the following ways:
• by downloading the Consultation Response Form from here in MS Word format, completing it on your computer and submitting it as an attachment to an e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org;
• by printing the Consultation Response form and posting it to: Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Responses
Hampton in Arden Parish Council The Parish Office Fentham Hall Marsh Lane Hampton-in-Arden Solihull B92 0AH
• by completing a Consultation Response Form at any of the locations where the hard copies of the Pre-Submission Consultation document are available for review.
We are also holding two open sessions in which we are inviting residents and local businesses/organisations to attend should they wish. This is to give everyone an opportunity to review the Neighbourhood Plan, talk to the Working Group about the document, to discuss any queries they have and to leave any comments.
The open sessions are being held at the Parish Office on the following dates:
• Saturday 22nd August 2015 - 10am to 12pm • Wednesday 26th August 2015 - 7.30pm to 9.30pm We would love to see you so please do drop in and see us!
What is the Deadline for Responses? All responses must be received by 14th September 2015.