Welcome to the web site of the
Catherine-de-Barnes Residents' Association
and the Catherine-de-Barnes Village Hall Trustees
What the Residents' Association does for the Village:
• The preservation, maintenance and improvement of the Village
• The support of Village amenities and services
• To support and, if appropriate, to sponsor activities that are part of Village life
• To consider and make representations to appropriate authorities (Borough Council, Planning Authorities, Public Utilities, Transport Organisations including Birmingham Airport) on any matter that may affect the Village, its residents and the surrounding environment
• Monitoring planning applications applicable to the locality
• Publishing a regular newsletter, the Catney News, distributed throughout the Village in hard copy or via e-mail
• Endeavouring to achieve improvements in Road Safety, Lighting, Road/Pavement Maintenance and the Local Environment
• Working with Hampton Parish to improve “The Common” on Bickenhill Lane
• Encouraging The Canal and River Trust to maintain the local towpaths of the Grand Union Canal so it can be enjoyed by all.
Committee members 2019:
Dave Cuthbert Frances Cook Annette Scott Lesley Cuthbert
Membership of the Residents' Association costs just £3 for individuals, £5 for a couple and £10 for a family of 4 or more.
If you would like to join, please put the money in an envelope with the names of the adults in your household, your postal address and an e mail if you would like to be on our database and have the Catney News delivered electronically in colour. You can also download a membership form.
The envelope can be left at the Spar shop.
Thank you for your support.
The Village Hall
The Hall was built in 1879 as a school with a chapel attached. Since 2013 the Hall has been managed by a group of local trustees and it is available to hire for events and activities. Look at the Village Hall page for more details or call Gareth Thomas
on 705 6135 or 07796 268012
For Catherine de Barnes Residents on Facebook :